What is a Virtual Assistant and do I Need to Hire One?
So, you are an entrepreneur/self-employed.
You started out by yourself with limited resources and now you are getting somewhere! You have always managed everything, from your finances and admin, to planning, research and organisation. However, you have reached a plateau because you just don’t seem to have the time to spend on maintaining all of that as well as developing and expanding your business. You could do with some help, but don’t need a full-time PA. You don’t even have the time to think about advertising, interviewing and hiring an assistant. Besides even if you did, you work from home or in a coffee shop so where would they work? What about contracts, holiday pay and all of the other tricky personnel issues?! It’s all just too much! No, you will just have to carry on trying to manage, right?
Wrong! Does the above sound familiar?
Luckily for you, with technology today, more people are able to work remotely just with a laptop, telephone and internet connection. You can benefit from hiring a virtual assistant to help you out whenever it suits you. Here are some more reasons why you should hire a VA:
- A Virtual Assistant is freelance so, as long as you pay their bills, this is where your responsibility ends.
- No need to provide any office space or equipment, thus reducing overheads.
- You can hire a Virtual Assistant on an ad-hoc basis or for regular weekly and monthly tasks.
- A Virtual Assistant usually charges by the hour, so you pay for the task rather than a whole salary.
- A Virtual Assistant (depending on their skill-set), can help you out with many time-consuming and tedious tasks, leaving you with more time to add value to your business.
- Hiring a Virtual Assistant is an expense, however whatever you are paying for their service is going to be less than your potential earnings in that time.
- You get to say things like; ‘let me get my assistant to take care of that’, or ‘my assistant will contact you later with the details’. You have to admit, it sounds pretty cool!
- Having someone you can trust to carry out a task available via phone or email really takes the pressure off.
I hope this article has provided some insight into how you may benefit from hiring a Virtual Assistant, even if it is something you had never considered before.
Go on, give it try. You deserve it!